Hamoye AI Labs (a division of Hamoye Technologies, a Delaware corporation) is seeking to recruit up to 10 Data Scientists, from entry-level to senior scientists/engineers/developers. Selection will be made through an open and remote internship program. Finalists will be invited to join Hamoye AI Labs. The internship program is designed as a competitive multi-stage process and will run in collaboration with MavenCode (https://www.mavencode.com/). All participants will have opportunities to earn various certificates in data science specializations and win monetary awards to help support mobile data expenses during the program. All participants will also have the opportunity to contribute to a unique open-source AI project.
Location: remote (participants are welcome from all across Africa)
Target remuneration for selected candidates after the program: Entry level: from NGN 150,000 per month, Senior Scientists/Devs: NGN 250,000 to NGN 750,000 per month.
Hamoye is transforming learning and human capital across Africa. Our Data Science internship program is designed to help recruit for our AI Labs but also train talented Data Scientists, MLOps Engineers, and Data Visualization Storytellers across the continent.
How it Works
- A 6-month remote internship program. You will learn, connect, collaborate, and build.
- Open to everyone, no entrance exam required – professionals and students in higher institutions who are ready to commit the time and effort to scale through the rigorous program
- The program is divided into three tracks: Data Science, MLOps/Data Engineering and Data Storytelling
- Participants will be required to progress through an 8-sprint competition, each lasting 2 to 3 weeks.
- Each sprint has a pre-set training curriculum and a real-world use case challenge.
- Every participant who successfully completes a sprint and the associated challenge will earn a certificate from Hamoye for each sprint completed.
- Only 40% of participants are expected to progress from one sprint to the next.
- The top participants from each sprint are declared sprint winners. Sprint winners across all 8 sprints will share a total of NGN 1 million awards to help defray costs of mobile data.
- Participants will have an opportunity to work on a unique AI open-source project.
- Finalists will be invited to join Hamoye AI Labs.
- Hamoye will help recommend other highly placed candidates to other firms.
For additional information on the application process, Click here.
For questions and answers about the internship, take a look here.