Under the supervision of senior management of UN Global Pulse, the contractor will perform the following duties:
- Support data governance consultants and partnership leads in maintaining a network of stakeholders on AI and data from public, private sector and civil society organizations in Ghana and Uganda;
- Conduct research and draft relevant policy instruments on various AI ethics, data privacy and data protection matters in Africa and with a focus on Ghana and Uganda;
- Assist in editing and reviewing written materials (project proposals, final reports, feedback surveys)
- Participate in various data privacy and AI ethics related discussions with stakeholders, and providing technical inputs to relevant policy initiatives at the national and regional levels;
- Support and coordinate organization of events, working groups, and other advocacy related events related to the AI and data policy work in Africa;
- Take meeting notes, draft summaries, and support timely reporting on all deliverables;
- Work closely with the policy team in Pulse Lab New York, ensuring alignment of policy work and priorities across Pulse Labs.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
CANDIDATES WITH NO UNITED NATIONS OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree), preferably in Political Science, Public Administration, Computer Sciences, International Relations, Law, or other relevant fields is required.
- Two (2) additional years of relevant work experience, in combination with a relevant first level university (bachelor’s degree or equivalent), may substitute for the requirement of a master’s degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working data privacy, data protection, data or AI governance, including AI Ethics with a focus on Global South is required;
Desirable experience (the following experience isoptional candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply)
- One or more years of professional experience in a project management position in the field of data and AI governance is desirable;
- Experience in event organization and facilitation is desirable;
- Experience in policy research and drafting policy recommendations on digital development and digital transformation is desirable;
- Familiarity with data governance, AI strategies, and data market concepts is an asset;
- Working knowledge of data and AI applications for social good is desirable;
- Experience of working in public sector, especially international public sector is desirable;
- Technical expertise in the area of AI or data science or related technical fields, including data innovation for social good is an asset;
- Excellent writing, reporting, analytical and communication skills are an asset.
For more information abou the job vacancy, Click Here